Friday, March 6, 2009

Angelic Surprises

There's nothing much to say but the usual for the pitching: Lincecum was dominant (the L.A. announcers called him "as advertised", with emphasis), and no-names competing for BP spots blew a 2-0 lead against the Angels today. A walk-off HR given by Sadler did not surprise me in the slightest. But I will say that I get a nice little twisted joy hearing the Angels' announcers acting like it was their batter's positive action.

But there's nothing different about the offense, either, particularly. The 2-0 lead was a surprise, but the biggest surprise of all today was Andres Torres. This kid and Guzman, even without team support, are hitting up a storm. (The problem here happens to be that I cannot tell if this is normal for them, if they're finally coming into their own, or if they're just spending all they have to get that 5th roster spot now that Roberts is a free agent.) We even made a comeback to take the lead in the bottom of the 9th, a two-run shot by Ryan Rohlinger.

Who ARE these kids, hmm? And are they for real? You can never be too sure, given last year, but then because of last year's constant rotation some people are picking us to be the surprise of '09.

Oh, you want the final? Sorry, I was giddy from realizing that I really did love my team enough to pay attention to them last year.

FINAL
S.F. - 4
L.A.A. - 5

The Boys Who Showed Up: Torres, Rohlinger, Lincecum

P.S. -> My son and I finally got him his first glove today! Yeah, OK; he's only 2 and the glove is for 3-5 years of age. But the first time he put it on, he did so perfectly, and I already knew he had a rocket of an arm!

No comments: